Dr Nishari Wijewardena
Dr Nishari graduated with a MBBS (Hons) from the University of Tasmania in 2006.
After graduating with her medical degree, Dr Nishari completed her internship at the Wollongong Hospital in NSW. She then undertook GP Registrar training working in general practices in regional NSW and at the Wuchopperen Health Service in Cairns.
After completing her GP training and gaining Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, Dr Nishari moved permanently to Cairns in 2012. Dr Nishari has worked in General Practice in Cairns since then, including running a GP clinic at the Quigley Street Homeless Shelter in Cairns. She joined Smithfield Medical Centre in 2013.
Dr Nishari has also completed a Masters degree in Public Health.
Dr Nishari has a special interest in:
- Family Medicine
- Women’s Health
- Antenatal (Pregnancy) Care
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health
- Monday: 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00am to 1:00pm
- Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Practice Hours subject to change without notice, please check with our reception staff.
- Antenatal care and post-natal care of mother and baby
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Children's health (paediatrics)
- Depression & anxiety (mental health)
- Diabetes care
- Elderly health (geriatric)
- Family Care
- General Practice
- IUD for Birth Control
- Men's Health
- Metabolic diseases
- Minor surgery and procedural work
- Minor trauma (emergency medicine)
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Nutrition & weight management
- Occupational medicine
- Sexual health
- Sports medicine
- Travel health & vaccinations
- Women's health including reproductive health
- Workplace health & rehabilitation