Dr Paul Phibbs
Dr Paul Phibbs has a special interest in family medicine, and skin cancer diagnosis and excisions.
Graduating MBChB from Otago University in New Zealand in 1984, Dr Phibbs completed his internship at Christchurch Hospital.
In 1988 he moved to Australia, and after a stint working as Cruise Ship Doctor for P&O came up to Cairns in 1990 where he bought into Smithfield Medical Centre.
He has been working here as an owner GP ever since – 20 years.
Dr Phibbs has a special interest in:
- Skin Cancer Diagnosis & Excisions
- Family Medicine
- Monday: 8:00 am to 5:30pm
- Tuesday: 8:00 am to 5:30pm
- Wednesday: 8:00 am to 12:00pm
- Thursday: 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
- Friday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Practice hours subject to change without notice, please check with our reception staff.
- Addiction medicine
- Antenatal care and post-natal care of mother and baby
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Children's health (paediatrics)
- Chronic disease management
- Depression & anxiety (mental health)
- Diabetes care
- Elderly health (geriatric)
- Family Care
- Men's Health
- Metabolic diseases
- Minor surgery and procedural work
- Minor trauma (emergency medicine)
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Nutrition & weight management
- Occupational medicine
- Pain management
- Palliative care
- Sexual health
- Skin checks and excisions
- Sports medicine
- Travel health & vaccinations
- Workplace health & rehabilitation