Take control of your health, instead of your heath controlling you.
Would you like to…
- live a longer, more active life?
- control your cholesterol?
- reduce your blood pressure?
- manage or reduce your weight?
- reduce your risk of developing serious health issues, such as heart disease?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then the SmartClinics Being Alive program is for you.
This is likely the most in-depth personalised health program you’ve ever had at a medical centre – and it’s only $139.60 out of pocket. It is suitable for adult patients of all health and fitness levels and is only available at SmartClinics Merrimac on the Gold Coast. You won’t find other medical centres offering this service, as the Program requires a range of specialised tests that require highly technical medical equipment.
This unique program is tailored to your specific needs and your progress is re-evaluated each time you visit us, to ensure your health is improving at the rate both you and your doctor had planned.
Think of the person you would like to be and every day, step by step, we will help you reach your goals!
WHAT TO EXPECT
1. Consultation with your Doctor
Once you have decided that you would like to take part in the Being Alive Program, you will have a GP appointment so that your Doctor can discuss your medical history and order some basic pathology tests. This will give them an overall picture of your current health and lifestyle.
This appointment will take around 30 minutes and is privately billed, with a rebate for Medicare Card holders.
2. Your ‘Being Alive’ Tests & Results
Approximately 1 week after your initial appointment with your GP, you will be asked to come back to the clinic so we can conduct some more in-depth tests as part of your comprehensive wellness check. This typically takes around 1.5 hours.
Here’s what to expect at this appointment…
- Nurse interview: One of our experienced nurses will then take you for a private interview to take some very important measurements such as your height, weight and BMI, blood pressure, ABI, spirometry, ECG and take any further medical history as required.
- Carotid Scanning: Following your nurses interview, your Doctor will organise a Carotid Scan for you. This is a safe, painless ultrasound procedure that uses sound waves to examine the blood flow through the carotid arteries. Your two carotid arteries are located on each side of your neck and they deliver blood from your heart to your brain. This helps to identify your risk level of developing a range of serious health issues, and to prevent the likelihood of you ever having a stroke.
- Get your results: By now, your test results from your initial appointment will have arrived, so your Doctor can discuss these with you. They will also interpret your results from the Carotid Scan and nurses interview, to provide you with a very personalised and in-depth analysis of your current health status. If there are any early warning signs or indicators that your health may be at risk, your GP can give you guidance on how to reduce this or make sure they don’t progress any further. Changes we make must be sustainable, even if that means changing some of our commitments day to day. Those changes may be small initially, but by building momentum over time they will add up.
Your GP will ask you back about 3-6 months later to monitor how your health is progressing. After following the program, your health will improve and you will feel better. Our patients are constantly telling us how much better they feel!
WHAT DOES IT COST?
The Being Alive Program is only $139.60 out of pocket.
(Full fee $331.10 less the Medicare rebate of $191.50 = $139.60 fee to patient).
This typically includes your Doctor and nurse consult fees, spirometry, ECG and a special Program Booklet.
HOW TO BOOK
You’ve only got 1 body so make your health a priority. We’ll help you every step of the way. You just need to book your Being Alive Appointment at SmartClinics Merrimac. Click here to book online or call the clinic directly on (07) 5525 1222.
HOW TO FIND US
SmartClinics Family Medical Centre is located at 166 Gooding Drive Merrimac QLD 4226. Click here for more information, like the clinic opening times.
ABOUT OUR DOCTORS
Dr Soroor Nouri has successfully helped many Gold Coast patients improve their health through the Being Alive Program.
She has a First-Class Honours Doctorate Degree in Medicine and has worked in areas such as the Mackay Base Hospital, The Prince Charles Hospital and the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital. Prior to completing her GP training, Dr Nouri worked in medical areas including cardiology, renal medicine, emergency, paediatrics and gynaecology. Dr Nouri’s special interests include; chronic disease management, women’s health including reproductive health, children’s health, mental health, fertility and family planning.
Dr Nouri enjoys working at SmartClinics Merrimac as she finds it highly rewarding to provide continuity of care to her patients. She looks forward to educating and empowering people to take control of their health and be as informed as possible. BOOK WITH DR NOURI HERE.
There are three other experienced Doctors at SmartClinics Merrimac who also offer the Being Alive Program.If you would prefer to book with a different GP, please visit the clinic page here.
If your weight is a concern or if you would simply like to lose a few kilos, we can also offer you metabolic testing so you know EXACTLY how to lose weight for your own body.
Measuring your metabolic rate is how we determine what is the right number of calories for your body – for your metabolism. We measure your unique resting metabolic rate (RMR). This is the number of calories your body would burn if you did nothing more than sit in a chair all day. Our Doctors then make detailed measurements of your individual make up, activity and lifestyle, so that we can develop a personalised program plan for you. We use the latest technology to take these measurements and once we understand how your body is working, we work with you to deliver the necessary changes. You will know your exact weight loss zone and the maximum number of calories you can eat and still lose weight affectively with life-long results.