Dr Hayley Waddell sees patient in:
Castletown Shopping World
Corner Woolcock & Kings Road
Hyde Park 4812
Opening hoursOpen Today 08:30 - 17:30
Mon: 08:30 - 17:30
Tue: 08:30 - 17:30
Wed: 08:30 - 17:30
Thu: 08:00 - 17:30
Fri: 08:30 - 17:30
Sat: 09:00 - 12:00
Dr Hayley Waddell
Dr Hayley Waddell is accepting new patients at SmartClinics Annandale. She welcomes patients of all ages.
Dr Hayley enjoys working as a GP, caring for patients and their families, investing the time to get to know her patients, problem solving and delivering quality healthcare.
Dr Hayley has spent her working life and training all in North Queensland. She has a wide breadth of experience. She has trained in the Proserpine Hospital and worked as SMO in Ingham Hospital. She has worked at TTH for years, under the supervision of emergency medicine, obstetrics & gynaecology, paediatric & adult ENT, plastics, vascular surgery, general surgery, orthopedics & ATODS before starting her formative years in General Practice training.
She has completed additional formal training in Women’s and Children’s health.
Her interests include, but are not limited to:
• Mirena, Copper IUD & Implanon insertion/removal.
• Antenatal & post-natal care, including GP share care.
• Paediatrics. From infant feeding, early child development, recurrent ears & tonsil infections, to language difficulties and school performance.
• Difficult skin conditions such as Acne in females & males, dermatitis & Psoriasis.
• Mole checks and lesion excisions, mindful of scar minimisation.
• Joint issues & sports injuries.
• Preventative healthcare including breast, cervical, prostate & bowel cancer screening, weight management, heart health, diabetes screening & management, smoking cessation.
• Health education & immunisations, including preparing for travel.
• Management of chronic health conditions, multiple medical conditions.
• Discussing more sensitive issues around relationships, life & death.
My spare time is spent working on fitness, fresh healthy cooking using local produce wherever possible, and spending quality time with friends & family.
I enjoy caring for patients and their families, investing the time to get to know my patients, problem solving and delivering quality healthcare.
Avoid getting burnt!
It’s important to me that patients walk away from a consult feeling comfortable and empowered.
Stay at least 1.5 metres away from anyone who is coughing.
My room is a safe place, where anything can be discussed