Dr Suraiya Akter
Dr Akter has 15 years' experience as a Medical Practitioner and is fluent in Bengali.
Dr Akter has over 15 year’s experience a registered Medical Practitioner. Dr Akter speaks two languages, Bengali and English.
Dr Akter has a special interest in children’s and women’s health and is accredited to provide shared care to patients at the Mater Mother’s Hospital. She is also experienced in chronic disease management and palliative care. Dr Akter has worked at Mater Children’s Private in a Paediatric trainee position for one year and also as a fellow in Palliative Care at Mount Olivet Hospital.
As a part time GP at SmartClinics West End Medical Centre, Dr Akter is available to see patients Monday to Friday (excluding Wednesdays) , from 8am to 2:30pm.
- Antenatal care and post-natal care of mother and baby
- Asthma care
- Cardiovascular risk assessment
- Children's health (paediatrics)
- Chronic disease management
- Depression & anxiety (mental health)
- Diabetes care
- Elderly health (geriatric)
- Family Care
- General Practice
- Metabolic diseases
- Minor surgery and procedural work
- Minor trauma (emergency medicine)
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Nutrition & weight management
- Palliative care
- Physical examinations
- Sexual health
- Travel health & vaccinations
- Women's health including reproductive health
- AMC Cert.