COLLECTION OF YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS
As with many modern service providers such as Uber or iTunes; we are transitioning to a new way of processing payment in some instances. There are many benefits to this change, which we would be pleased to explain to you.
When will I be asked for my credit card details?
- When you book your next GP appointment, you may now be prompted to enter your credit card details before your consultation. The request will come from HotDoc and is safe and secure. This will hold your booking, and funds will not be deducted until after your appointment.
Why do you want my credit card details prior to my appointment?
- Covid-19 has brought with it many changes and one of those is reducing the duration of time our reception teams have close contacts with our patients. If you have provided your credit card details, you will not be required to come to the reception desk after the appointment to settle your account. By collecting your credit card details this way; if you have a video-call or telephone appointment with your doctor, you will no longer need to wait for reception to manually take down the number over the phone afterwards. This is a much safer method for the patients.
Are my credit card details secure?
Does providing my credit card secure my appointment?
- Yes. We know, that especially during the pandemic, it has been more difficult to see your GP at a time that suits you. Our GP’s can be booked days in advance. It can be disheartening for our teams when we are unable to fit sick patients in for an appointment, but then another patient doesn’t turn up. By providing your credit card details, your appointment is confirmed.
How do I know what I’m going to be charged?
- When you book online via our website and select your preferred appointment type, you will be provided with an estimate of what the doctor will charge for the appointment. If your appointment varies in length or there are more issues, the cost may vary.
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
- Whilst your credit card details secure your appointment, you are not charged until after you have seen your GP. If you need to cancel your appointment, you can do this online or by calling our clinic. Your credit card will not be charged.
How do I get my rebate from Medicare?
- After you have paid for your appointment in full, a trigger is sent to Medicare to refund the rebate into the patients nominated bank account.
But I am a concession card holder. Why do I have to provide my credit card details?
- The credit card number secures the appointment and confirmed the date and time. If the doctor decides to bulk bill, there will be no funds collected.